Saturday, July 11, 2009

Do you ever?

Feel like you have been dropped here from another planet? 94% of the news has been devoted to a pop stars death/funeral/discussions of the same/rehash with hangers-on...whatever. ..... In the meantime life intrudes on all of us. My cousin got married in Chicago (in a Catholic church no less-He's not Catholic, so this was a shock)at St. Alphonsus and I got to attend St. John's Cantius just before they appeared on EWTN. Awesome place and very neat to see. Confessional LINES--wow! Both Churches are so old that they had the clips for men's hats on the back of the pews.

A friend almost lost a child this week-all we could do was to pray. Thankfully, God mercifully answered the firestorm of prayer and she is fine.

It is time to be very thankful and rest in the Lord.

3 comments:

Jen James said...

Confession lines are great! Except when I'm the one in it, and there's no way I'm getting in before the preist has to go to say Mass...in which case I usually try and tell everyone in line, "one sin only please..move along..." lol. Not really.

Adam said...

I usually have to make a separate appointment....

Jen James said...

So Adam, this comment has nothing to do with the last post...I was reading that "fisheaters.com' site tonight. I know nothing about the site at all, so I have no idea where it's loyalties lie. There was a section devoted to women wearing headcoverings during Mass. It was very compelling. I really don't know what the Church's stand on that is. This website seems to imply that we're really SUPPOSED to be wearing them still, but due to some political hand-waving, the issue went away. I'm confused. Know anything?